How can i help with project
The project needs constant support from volunteers and hence any and all help is welcome. It should be clear that writing code is not the only way you can help the project. I am outlining multiple ways in which androidtamer can benefit from volunteers
- Test the Build, suggest changes or improvements / enhancements. Please raise an issue here
Promote the Distribution, via writing blogpost or creating video’s or presenting sessions using this tool.
Test the repository on other distributions like Kali or Ubuntu or other pentest distributions and report issues : To configure repo on other distro Follow the guide
Help us in solving issues by tracking them and contributing back via patches or fixes or suggestions. One major issue list to keep an eye will be the Tools Repository
How can i help with other project
As the android market is way too big for single person to track the whole landscape hence this post is a call for contribution.
All we are asking is to provide us with following information
1) Device Name
2) Device Model number (optional)
3) Current Android Version
4) Current Security patch level
5) Screenshot of about phone settings page (optional)
Where should i send the data?
1) Send an email: email@example.com
2) Submit a pull request: https://github.com/AndroidTamer/KnowledgeBase/blob/master/Documents/Device_Security_Patch_tracker.md
3) Make a comment to : https://androidtamer.com/tracking-android-security-update-across-devices/
4) Create an issue: https://github.com/AndroidTamer/KnowledgeBase/ repository
More details on the blog post https://androidtamer.com/tracking-android-security-update-across-devices/