For first three releases we experimented with multiple methods and expreiments doesn’t stop this time around also.
This time we wanted to see if we can automated most of the stuff that we do. so we looked at existing processes and we identified that best combination for us could be to use a combination of vagrant and ansible playbooks.
So we first build a basebox of ubuntu 14.04LTS with bare minimums and used that as base box. (Just for the heck of it, but we also customized the username and hostname of the instance since we were anyways modifying stuff.)
After delibrating for a couple of day and based on various internet chatter we decided to shift our base to Debian 8 and hence another base box was created with bare minimum’s but this time using debian 8 as base.
This box was then used to couple with ansible scripts and the final product is what you see now.
With more delibration about the future of AndroidTamer we decided to opensource every single bit of whatever we are doing in AndroidTamer project.
Feel free to contribute / curse / raise questions